People like me!

Or, well, they like the stuff I put on this blog, anyway. I'm tickled, I promise you, to have been given the Very Inspiring Blogger Award by no less than four people over the past few days!

Haha, I'm cool! *happy wriggle* And thank you to Chelsea, Maggie, Judy, and Trystan!

(If I'm so cool I should probably get back to sewing, so I have things to write about here, yeah? Working on it! Been taking a little break, but break time's been going on long enough, I think.)

Oh, and I've got some more followers now. Hiii!!!! *waves*

The Laws of The Award, Which I Am Going To Proceed to Break:
1. Display the award and link back to the person who nominated you.
2. State 7 facts about yourself.
3. Nominate 15 bloggers for the award.
4. Notify the winners.


Seven facts about me? Okay, I can do that. Um.
- I have never pumped my own gas. Shut up, I've lived in New Jersey my entire life!
- I've always loved reading for pleasure - I can currently see 91 books on my bookshelf from where I sit, and there are scads more I can't see. Mostly classic Brit lit, history, and historical fiction, though I've been a closet sci-fi/fantasy nerd from way back (give me my Tolkien!).
- Felt gives me the creeps. I don't know what it is, but something about the texture makes my skin crawl. And I had to carry a bolt of it around today at work. :(
- My other fiendish obsession, besides costuming and reading, is classic rock, specifically British, from about 1964-1972. Beatles WOO!
- I had braces in college. It was totally sexy, let me tell you.
- The only reason to own a television, in my opinion, is so I can watch my DVDs, Downton Abbey (and other PBS programming), and Doctor Who. My family didn't get cable until after I was out of high school, and I've never really recovered.
- I can't ride a bike. Never learned.

And I know I'm supposed to nominate and notify people about this, but I suspect I'm posting at the tail end of this go-round, so I've noticed most of the blogs I read have already been nominated. So I'm going to Break The Law and not notify the owners of the sites I do list here, most of which I've been visiting since before Blogger. But they've all been invaluable resources to me, and I highly recommend them all!
- Maggie's Costumer's Guide. I still go on here and try to decide which LoTR costume I want to make someday! Seriously. (Yes, I realize I'm a decade late on this. Eventually. When I can afford silk velvet.) Besides that - amazing resource and she's a great costumer, too. (And loves the Beatles, hello!)
- Jenny La Fleur. One of the first few costuming sites I stumbled across, and had been reading and admiring for years before I got to meet her...and yes, she really IS that fabulous in person.
- Koshka-the-Cat aka. Katherine C-G. One of those costumers that somehow manages to both inspire me with her wonderful costumes, and make me despair that I'll never be That Good!
- Sempstress. I haven't been reading as much lately, but I'm pretty sure hers was about the third costuming site I ever stumbled upon, Back In The Day (when I used to be more into 16thc...that's where I started out, you know. Or maybe you didn't) - great costumes, and she's funny!
- The West Coast Costumers: Kendra, Sarah, and Trystan. All fabulous, all crazy inspiring, and all totally unaware of my pathetic little existence. (No, wait, Trystan nominated me for this award. Shiiiit, I have ARRIVED.)
- Jen Thompson's Festive Attyre. Been reading since she had the Featured Attyre on her site (remember that?), and I felt so freakin' cool when she first commented on one of my outfits.

Er. I tend to get a little verbose. Sorry about that. (Shut up and go to bed!)

Comments

  1. Aw, thank you! :-) And Beatles, woooo!! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. And I know I'm supposed to nominate and notify people about this, but I suspect I'm posting at the tail end of this go-round, theclassicsempstress.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment